Benefits of Drinking Coffee – the beverage most of us think about the second we wake up. Plenty of people consider their day started only after they drink a warm cup of coffee. The way they like it the most; Black, with or without sugar, with milk, or with anything that adds a little more happiness to their lives.
To a big part of the population, not drinking coffee in the morning or throughout the day can easily alter their humor. Today, we bring you a list of 10 benefits of drinking coffee; Your hot, delicious coffee, apart from the one you already knew. Coffee makes us very happy.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
10. Reducing the risk of developing Diabetes.
This doesn’t apply if you drink your coffee with 5 spoons of sugar. So please, control yourself. It appears that caffeine can increase both glucose and insulin, so if you are a person who already has diabetes, then you must be cautious.
However, if you don´t have diabetes, by drinking coffee you could lower your risk for developing diabetes type II. With every mug of coffee we ingest, our risk lowers 7%. Still, this should be complemented with a healthy diet and exercise.
9. Prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
This merciless disease that attacks the human body has shown to be less common in people that usually drink coffee than in those who don’t. A new study concluded that coffee can reduce the levels of beta amyloid by 50%.
This is a destructive protein commonly found in the brain of people with Alzheimer’s. That´s a very nice thought to have while you proceed to drink your third cup of the day.
See also; 10 Most Favorite Coffee Chains in the World.
8. Protects the liver.
New studies report that coffee is in fact the best friend of your liver. Drinking moderate amounts of coffee may prevent liver cancer, according to the World Health Organization. Also, coffee reduces the risk of fibrosis and cirrhosis.
So the next time you have a hangover from a crazy night, don’t forget to drink a very warm cup of coffee the next morning.
7. Improves physical performance.
If you want a slim figure and a good physical performance, then you should consider thinking of coffee as your best friend. Consuming coffee can cause a good improvement in your metabolism, along with reducing muscles’ fatty acids.
This is no secret to athletes and U.S military, because they know very well that coffee can actually improve the physical and psychological performance of a person. Apparently, caffeine has a good effect on hydration, which is very useful to soldiers enduring the heat of Iraq, for example.
6. Lowers the risk of developing prostate cancer.
A study performed in 2011 in more than fifty thousand men, discovered than those who drink 6 cups a day had a risk 60% lower to contract prostate cancer, and those who drink 3 cups lowered their risk to almost 50%. So go tell your man to get the coffee machine started.
5. Lowers the risk of a stroke.
A prospective study of 26,556 male Finnish smokers reported that risk of developing a non-hemorrhagic stroke was reduced by 12% in those who drink 4-5 cups of coffee a day.
The risk was even lower (23%) in those that consumed coffee in a heavier way, 6 or more cups per day, all this compared to those who drank only 2 or less cups of coffee.
See also; 10 Deadly Diseases Caused By Smoking.
4. Coffee is an antioxidant.
All the previous advantages of drinking coffee can be traced back to the fact that coffee is a very powerful source of antioxidants. In one study, researchers looked at the antioxidant content of different foods by serving size.
Coffee was the eleventh on the list, after different types of berries. Antioxidants have plenty of biological advantages and are considered important for the overall health of the human body. Don’t forget your antioxidants!
3. Improves reflexes and concentration.
It is a well-known fact that people tend to consume coffee when they need to stay awake and focused. C’mon, we all have wished for a delicious cup of coffee when it’s past midnight and your essay isn’t finished yet.
Caffeine has shown to stimulate the areas of the brain in command of concentration, planning, attention and monitoring. However, you must be careful when drinking coffee at night, because it might alter your sleeping pattern, which causes many consequences.
2. Enhances circulation.
Coffee has shown to be able to promote the blood circulation of a person, which leads to a healthier skin and many other improvements.
An increase in blood flow or circulation in the body can help benefit the heart and the body’s muscles and arteries throughout the body. Increased blood circulation improves oxygen rich blood flow to extremities.
1. However, coffee is not a medicine.
Although this article is all about promoting the advantages of drinking coffee, like most things in this world, exaggerated consumption of coffee or caffeine can lead to complete different results. Always remember than everything in excess can be bad for your health, even water.
So make sure to control your diet and level of exercise in order to live a very healthy life.
Summary: Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee
There are several potential benefits associated with drinking coffee. Here are some of them:
- Increased energy and alertness: Coffee contains caffeine, a stimulant that can help combat fatigue and improve mental alertness.
- Enhanced cognitive function: Caffeine has been shown to improve various aspects of brain function, such as memory, attention, and reaction time.
- Mood booster: Coffee may have a positive impact on mood and help reduce the risk of depression. It can increase the production of certain neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin, which are associated with feelings of pleasure and happiness.
- Increased physical performance: Caffeine can improve physical performance by stimulating the nervous system, increasing adrenaline levels, and enhancing muscle contraction.
- Weight management: Coffee has been found to slightly boost metabolism and increase fat burning, which can aid in weight loss or weight management efforts.
- Antioxidant properties: Coffee is a rich source of antioxidants, such as chlorogenic acid, which can help protect against cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Reduced risk of certain diseases: Research suggests that regular coffee consumption may lower the risk of various conditions, including type 2 diabetes, Parkinson’s disease, liver diseases (such as cirrhosis and liver cancer), and certain types of cancer (such as colorectal and endometrial cancer).
- Improved liver health: Coffee has been associated with a decreased risk of liver diseases, including liver cirrhosis and liver cancer. It may also help protect against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Lower risk of stroke: Some studies have indicated that moderate coffee consumption may be linked to a reduced risk of stroke.
- Social benefits: Coffee often serves as a social beverage, providing opportunities for social interactions and fostering a sense of community.
It’s important to note that individual responses to coffee can vary, and excessive consumption or sensitivity to caffeine may lead to negative effects such as insomnia, jitteriness, or digestive issues. It’s always a good idea to consume coffee in moderation and consider personal factors when assessing its benefits.