Here is a list of 10 most dangerous gangs in the world – if you know who they are, you know not to cross them. These criminal gangs operate on an international scale. They involved in all most all illegal activities; committing murder, drug trafficking, extortion, racketeering, arms trafficking, inmate prostitution, human trafficking, dog fighting, assault, money laundering, kidnapping, bribery, illegal immigration, racketeering and more..
Top 10 Most Dangerous Gangs in the World.
Here is a list of some notorious gangs that have been known for their violence and criminal activities
10. Aryan Brotherhood
- Location: California, United States.
- Founded: 1964.
- Criminal activities: Murder, assault, drug trafficking, extortion, racketeering, arms trafficking, inmate prostitution, human trafficking, dog fighting.
- Scariest fact: They’re racist psycho killers.
- Murder weapons: Bare hands, shanks, acid baths, and hatred.
See also; 10 Countries With Highest Crime Rate.
9. 14K Triad
- Location: China
- Founded: 1945
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, counterfeiting, arms trafficking, arson, fraud, prostitution, human trafficking, identity theft, money laundering, extortion, murder, illegal immigration, kidnapping, racketeering, home invasion robberies.
- Scariest fact: The have infiltrated police ranks.
- Murder weapons: Meat cleavers, fire, and guns.
- Location: United States
- Founded: 1969
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, robbery, extortion, murder, burglary, racketeering, illegal gambling, theft.
- Scariest fact: They’re absolutely everywhere.
- Murder weapons: Guns, knives, and fists of fury.
7. Bamboo Union
- Location: Taiwan
- Founded: 1950
- Scariest fact: They once murdered a journalist in his own garage.
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, kidnapping, extortion, Protection racket, contract killing, assault, assassinations, illegal gambling, loan sharking, political corruption, human trafficking, prostitution, murder, and organized crime.
- Murder weapons: Gun, guns, and more guns.
- Leader(s): Chang An-Lo “White Wolf”
See also; 10 Most Wanted People Of The World.
6. Barrio Azteca
- Location: Mexico/United States
- Founded: 1986
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, contract killing, money laundering, murder, torture, extortion, arms trafficking, Racketeering, and people smuggling.
- Scariest fact: They consistently terrorize in the U.S.
- Murder weapons: RPGs, Rifles, IEDs, and GOLD AK-47s.
See also; 10 Best Machine Guns in the World.
5. Los Zetas
- Location: Mexico
- Founded: 1999
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, Bombing, torture, rape, human trafficking, assassinations, arson, terrorism, car bombing, kidnapping, weapons trafficking, money laundering, racketeering, murder, bribery.
- Scariest fact: They’re like Navy SEALS, but completely illegal.
- Murder weapons: Rocket launchers and semiautomatic handguns.
4. Knights Templar Cartel
- Location: Michoacán, Mexico.
- Founded: 2011
- Founded by: Nazario Moreno González, Enrique Plancarte Solís, Servando Gómez Martínez (La Tuta).
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, money laundering, kidnapping, racketeering, murder, arms trafficking, robbery, assault, counterfeiting.
- Location: Japan
- Founded: 1915; 102 years ago.
- Criminal activities: Arms trafficking, assassinations, bank fraud, bid rigging, blackmail, bookmaking, contract killing, extortion, drug trafficking, illegal gambling, Internet pornography, loansharking, mail fraud, match fixing, money laundering, mortgage fraud, murder, prostitution, racketeering, securities fraud, sōkaiya, wire fraud, and infiltration of legitimate businesses.
- Scariest fact: They may recruit people via their own website and magazine.
- Murder weapons: Bombs and guns.
- Leader(s): Kenichi Shinoda
Based in Japan, the Yamaguchi-gumi is one of the largest and most influential yakuza syndicates. Engaged in various criminal activities, including drug trafficking, gambling, extortion, and white-collar crime.
2. Sinaloa Cartel
- Location: Mexico
- Founded: 1989
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, money laundering, murder, kidnapping, bribery.
- Scariest fact: They murder people on camera and then post it on the Internet.
- Murder weapons: Various assault rifles, AK-47s, and grenades.
- Leaders: Ismael Zambada García, Juan José Esparragoza Moreno.
One of the largest and most powerful drug cartels in Mexico, the Sinaloa Cartel is involved in extensive drug trafficking operations, as well as money laundering, kidnapping, and organized violence.
- Location: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Founded: 1980
- Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, robbery, larceny, human trafficking, extortion, murder, money laundering, prostitution, racketeering, battery, kidnapping, arms trafficking.
- Scariest fact: They basically control the government in El Salvador.
- Murder weapons: Machetes and rocket-propelled grenade launchers.
Originating in Los Angeles, MS-13 has expanded its influence across Central America, Mexico, and the United States. Known for its brutality, the gang is involved in drug trafficking, human trafficking, extortion, and other violent crimes.
See also; Top 10 Countries With Maximum Rape Crimes.
What are the 6 types of gangs?
While there are numerous types of gangs, here are six commonly recognized types:
- Mafia: The Mafia refers to organized crime groups originating in Italy, known for their hierarchical structure, secretive operations, and involvement in various illegal activities such as drug trafficking, extortion, and racketeering.
- Narco: Narco gangs, also known as drug cartels, are involved in large-scale drug trafficking operations. They typically control the production, transportation, and distribution of illicit drugs, often operating across national borders.
- Street gang: Street gangs are typically localized groups that operate within specific neighborhoods or communities. They engage in criminal activities such as drug dealing, robbery, and violence. Street gangs often have their own distinct symbols, colors, and territories.
- Biker gang: Biker gangs, also known as motorcycle gangs or outlaw motorcycle clubs (OMCs), are characterized by their association with motorcycles and a subculture revolving around them. Some biker gangs are involved in criminal activities such as drug trafficking, weapons smuggling, and organized violence.
- Prison gang: Prison gangs are formed within correctional facilities and maintain influence both inside and outside of prison walls. These gangs often have strict codes of conduct and engage in activities such as drug trafficking, extortion, and protection rackets.
- Punk gang: The term “punk gang” is not commonly used to describe a specific type of gang. However, it may refer to loosely organized groups involved in street violence, vandalism, or disruptive behavior. These groups often share a common interest in punk music or culture.